Akshaya Tritiya: Why It Is Considered An Auspicious Day?
Akshaya Tritiya Meaning (Akti)
Akshaya Tritiya also known as Akha Teej is considered one of the most auspicious days as it is believed that the line of destiny changes on this day which makes it even more optimistic for humankind.
Curious to know how? Well, let’s find out!
First of all, let us understand more about the literal meaning of these two words. In “Akshaya Tritiya”, the word “Akshay” means never-ending or everlasting. The everlasting is related to prosperity, joy and success, and “Tritiya” is the third face of the moon.
As Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi are believed to be the signs of great prosperity and success in Hindu mythology, starting a new venture or buying something new on this day is considered extremely auspicious. Also, buying gold and doing Lakshmi Puja is one of the core rituals.
Akshay Tritiya 2022 Date And Time
According to the Hindu calendar, it is celebrated on the third day of the month of Vaishakha(April – May).
|Akshay Tritya||Date and Time|
|Akshaya Tritiya||Tuesday, May 3, 2022|
|Akshaya Tritiya Puja Muhurat||06:05 am to 12:37 pm|
|Duration||06 Hours 31 Mins|
|Tritiya Tithi Starts At||May 03, 2022 at 05:18 am|
|Tritiya Tithi Ends At||May 04, 2022 at 07:32 am|
Akshay Tritiya Astrological Significance
Akshay Tritya occurs once a year when the Sun and Moon are in exaltation, as well as being at their brightest point during the day.
The three lunar periods are considered particularly auspicious in Vedic Astrology and are also known as Sade Teen Muhurat’. Sade means half and Teen means three, so Sade Teen Muhurat refers to a three-and-a-half Muhurat.
- They are the first lunar period of Shukla Paksha(bright fortnight) of the Chaitra month,
- The tenth phase of Ashvin month is taken as the second lunar period.
- The first phase of Shukla Paksha of the Kartik month
- The third phase of the month Vaishakh is taken as the third lunar period.
Here, the first three phases are considered as the full phase of the lunar month, and the other two are considered halves.
What conspiracy planets are playing against you? To know in detail, talk to astrologers.
Akshay Tritiya Story
On this auspicious day, Sudama(Lord Krishna’s friend) visited Lord Krishna, expecting some financial help. Sudama was welcomed by Lord Krishna and treated as a god as his friend believed in “ Atithi Devo Bhava”. However, when Sudama observes the richness and prosperity of his friend, he feels ashamed to disclose his gift, which was a bowl of “poha” that he bought for him as a token of love and friendship.
Sudama headed back and, once he reached his home, discovered that his small hut had been replaced by a palace. It happened because Sudama’s honesty, simplicity and efforts were appreciated and accepted by Lord Krishna wholeheartedly.
Based on this incident, Lord Ganesha has said ” Remember the Kind of Giving is Thousand Times More Powerful than that of Giving”.
Planets seems to be aligned for Sudama, what about you? Generate a free janampatri report to know in detail.
Akshay Tritiya Rituals
Practice austerity on this auspicious day of Akshay Tritiya, and follow the below rituals.
- Offer sandalwood paste and flowers to Lord Vishnu and Goddess Parvati.
- Offer prayer to Goddess Laxmi and Kubera(Lord of wealth).
- While doing prayer, offer wheat, chana, dal, milk, and clothes.
- Recite Vishnu Sahastaranama.
- Prepare poha and offer to Lord Vishnu and Lord Krishna.
- Make a donation to the needy, and Brahmins and, feed grass to the cow. You can donate Sesame seeds, Mattress, Clothes, Vermillion, Sandalwood, Betel nut, Coconut, Buttermilk, Water, Tulsi leaves, and Slippers.
Akshay Tritiya Benefits
- Praying on Goddess Laxmi to contribute to your wealth, prestige and success.
- Family members will gain happiness and prosperity.
- Whatever you may start on this day will lead you to great heights such as commencing new business, purchasing new property, or buying new furniture or vehicle.
- Devotees will relieve from sins.
- Lord Ganesha’s blessing will always shower upon you.
In order to keep continuing such prosperous life, book personalised live Vishnu Puja.
Akshaya Tritiya Pooja Mantra
- Chant these mantras to get peacefulness and good health:
“Jamadagnya Mahaveer kshatriyaantha kara Prabhu
Gruhanarghyam mayadattam krupaya parameshwaraa.”
- Chant these to get free from any wrong deeds:
“Sri parameshwara preethyartha muda kumbhadaanoktha phala vyapyartham
Brahmana yodakumbha daanam karishye thadanga kalasha pujyadhikam cha karishye.”
- Chant these to enhance wealth:
“Kubera Twan Danadeesam Gruha Te Kamala Sithta
Tam Devem Prehayasu Twam Madgruhe Te Namo Namah.”
The Final Greetings!
May Lord Ganesha fill your life with knowledge and courage to get the utmost success and prosperity in your future endeavours.